While dancing to the lures of modern life, you might have frequently realized how important it is to get a proper amount of sleep every night. Nobody likes to get up in the morning feeling more tired and lethargic. A daily dose of sound sleep is extremely important to maintain your energy levels, ability to stay focussed and stress levels. It only saves you from an array of sleeping problems, but also gives your body the time and energy to carry out the self healing process.
· On your back & arms at side – This is one of the best sleeping positions and is known to be beneficial for overall spinal health, as long as you avoid using a pillow.
· On your back with arms up – Also popular as the “starfish” position, this one is good for your back and help you to prevent facial wrinkles by promoting sleep.
· On your stomach & face down – Although sleeping in this configuration is good for your digestion, it can adversely affect the neck by putting a lot of strain on it.
· Sleeping like a Foetus - Foetal position means curling up into a ball with knees drawn up and chin tilted down. This might be a great position for a foetus floating in amniotic fluid, but it can play havoc on adults by straining the back & neck muscles.
· Side lying with arms at sides – This sleeping position promotes good sleep and reduces both neck and back pain. It maintains proper alignment of the spine providing it with maximum comfort naturally.
· Side lying with arms out – This position is likely to cause pain in the shoulders and arms by obstructing the flow of blood and pressurizing the nerves.
· Side lying on the right – If side lying is your favorite sleeping position, you need to be careful! As per sleep advices, side sleeping can strain your internal organs and trigger heartburn by minimizing acid reflux.
Well, irrespective of which sleeping position you prefer, you can achieve a good night’s sleep and sound health by switching on to Doctor Pillow. It’s one of the best ergonomic pillows produced till date. It supplements every contour of your head, neck & shoulder perfectly giving you fresh, pain free and energetic mornings.